Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Gardening tips

I planted some cilantro, parsley, garlic, tomatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, and different peppers. I like to fertilize my garden with egg shells and coffee grinds(used). I grind them together and sprinkle it around the bottom of my plants. I also use the skins of bananas. I just lay those on top of the ground around the plant. Doing this will give your plants extra nutrients they don't get any other way. Also you can take a multi vitamin  and crush it and dissolve in a gallon of water and feed a little to your plants every week. Make sure not to get on the plants leaves.




Recipe of the day: Pasta Salad

2 16 oz box of tri color pasta or pasta of your choice
1 red onion diced petite
1 yellow pepper diced petite
1 green or red tomato diced petite (I prefer green)
1 small squash diced petite
1 small zucchini diced petite
1 clove garlic minced
1 16 oz or bigger bottle of your choice Italian dressing



Cook pasta so that it is a little firm then drain rinse with cold water and mix all ingredients together.. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments.